A broker is a licensed professional that works for you, the client! This means you have more expertise advice, more choice, better pricing, and we are on your side in the event of a claim. We do everything from shop the insurance around for you, advise on coverages and limits and advocate on your behalf to the insurance company when needed.

As a broker, we work with many different companies. Once we have all the information we need from you, we take your insurance needs to all of our companies to determine the best option for you. We then present them to you and move forward with any applications.

That answer is simple. As a broker;

  • We offer a wide choice of products and price comparisons from many insurance companies
  • We give advice on your specific needs and situation
  • We explain your insurance policy in terms everyone can understand
  • We support you and represent you if you ever need to make a claim
  • We are here to talk live in person

There are many ways to pay for you insurance and they vary depending on the insurance company. We have some companies that offer monthly payments (either from a bank account or a credit card) and have others that will do 4 payments over the year and some that will do 1 payment for the year. The annual payment varies as well. It could be cash, credit card, etransfer, or cheque.

No. It does not cost anything to get a quote at all. 

If you find your self in need to make a claim, your first call is to our office. If we are closed and it is outside office hours, you can leave a message or you can contact your insurance company directly who all have an after hours number. This number can be found on your policy documents or on our website here. (insert link)

This will vary depending on the company you are insured with. The first step is to always contact us at 519-633-8448 and we can advise accordingly.

Loss of Use (Rental Car Coverage) comes into effect when you no longer have use of your vehicle due to an insured peril such as a collision, fire or theft of the vehicle. Examples of when it is not covered are when on vacation and needing a rental vehicle or when your vehicle is in for repairs for general wear and tear/ break down. 

Tickets remain on your record with Service Ontario for 3 years.

Unlike tickets accidents are always visible on your driving record. However, every year that you go accident free your driving record has the opportunity to improve.

In short, yes. However, we like to say “lend your vehicle, lend your insurance” meaning if you allow someone to drive your vehicle and they get into a collision it could be rated against you and effect your insurance.

A deductible is the amount of claim you are responsible for. Example: If a claim is for $2000 and you have a $500 Deductible you would be eligible to receive $1500 from the claim. 

Sewer back up is any water coming from below the ground for example your toilet backs up. Overland water is anything from above the ground for example a heavy rain and water comes in through your window or door.

Talk to your broker to find out the best ways.

Some tips for saving on your auto insurance are

  • Bundle your policies together
  • Increase your deductibles
  • For Auto: install winter tires from Nov- Apr 
  • For Property: install monitored alarm systems

An accident waiver or accident forgiveness protects your driving record in the event of your first at fault claim while insured with the company. 

There can be many reasons for increased premium. Contact your broker to talk about your specific policy. However, some reasons may include; a change was made, tickets or a claim.  Cars are becoming more expensive to repair.

There are many ways we can work to lower your car insurance. Some changes to your policy may be needed (ie coverage or deductible change). Call your broker to talk specifics on your policy.

Yes, highly recommend.  It not only cover sewer back up but also covers if a pipe burst, get plugged and also overflow.

The situation may vary between clients. However, every vehicle on your policy has to have a driver listed as a primary driver. The most often situation of this is when a household has 3 drivers and 3 vehicles. Each driver will be listed as a primary driver on one of the vehicles.

Liability coverage is required on all insurance policies. The minimum liability limit required is $1Million, but here are Kenny Insurance Brokers we recommend a minimum $2Million limit across all auto, property and commercial insurance policies. Having a higher liability better protects you in the event of a claim where you are being sued. 

Collision coverage is a common coverage included on an auto insurance policy. Collision coverage will cover your vehicle in the event of an at-fault-accident. For example, you rear-end another vehicle. This would be determined as an at-fault-accident. Collison coverage does not cover the damages to the other vehicle you have rear-ended, only your vehicle. The other insured party driving the vehicle you have hit would put in a claim through their insurance provider to repair the damages to their vehicle.  Collision coverage will also cover your vehicle in the event you make a collision with other property such as a lamp post or hydro poll, as well as collisions with the ground (i.e. you loss control of your vehicle and make a collision with the ground)

Comprehensive coverage covers your vehicle for theft, vandalism, glass breakage or repair, malicious damage and collisions you make with animals. Here in Ontario, comprehensive coverage is extremely important due to high frequency of accidents involving deer. 

Your driving record is an indicator to the insurance company how many years you have been insured without an at-fault-accident. The higher your driving record, the lower your insurance premium. 

Equipment breakdown coverage is required in the event of a loss due to mechanical or electrical breakdown of equipment of nearly any type of equipment. This coverage is specific to commercial insurance policies.

Actual loss sustained, or ALS, is a form of business interruption insurance and is defined as all actual costs and expenses incurred due to a claim as a result of direct physical loss, damage, or destruction to insured property by a covered peril.

To find a solution to your insurance needs in just a matter of minutes